If you wish, you can download, read and sign my Counselling Contract before starting any sessions. Please read the following before doing so.
You can email me for an initial consultation through the contact page, or telephone me on one of the following numbers:–
Tel: 01273 507130
In addition, I offer Skype internationally. You will need to email me so we can set–up an appointment.
Brighton and Hove Clinics
I run the following counselling and psychotherapy clinics:
My main therapy room at my home 24 Buxton Road, Seven Dials, Brighton BN1 5DE
I also hold clinics at
- 17 York Villas, Brighton, BN1 3TS (view map)
- Brighton Consulting Rooms, 18a Clermont Road, Brighton, BN1 6SG (view map)
The first meeting is £30 and is an opportunity for you to explore whether you would like to continue with existential psychotherapy, CBT or counselling. During this session we will talk about what you want from therapy and how many sessions we think would be appropriate. We will also discuss cost – charges are £60 per session though a sliding scale operates for low earners. £40 for retired OAP's and special rates between £40 and £45 can be negotiated for students.
Each therapy session lasts 50 minutes. We will discuss the length of the contract and the ongoing fee at the initial meeting. The fee is open to review once a year, usually in January.
Counselling, Psychotherapy and CBT sessions are strictly confidential except under the following circumstances:
1. From time to time I will discuss my work with a clinical supervisor. This is standard practice and helps me to work as well as I can with you. In this process your identity is not revealed. My supervisor is bound by the BACP's Ethical Framework for good practice.
2. Where I believe that you are at risk of seriously harming yourself or others, I reserve the right to break confidentially in order to prevent harm. However, I would only do this in extreme circumstances and would always discuss it with you first before taking any action.
3. Where I would be liable to civil or criminal court procedure if information was not disclosed, e.g. terrorist activities.
Record Keeping and Data Protection
I may keep short notes on you and our therapy sessions such as background information and issues worked on. Notes are kept securely and anonymously, and will be destroyed after our contract has ended.
I may ask your permission to tape record the therapy session. This will allow me to reflect on the details of what we have discussed. If you agree, you may change your mind at any time and I will erase the recording.
For the purpose of further accreditation and continuing professional development, I may submit written or taped material of some therapy sessions for evaluation. Any such written material will be disguised to protect your identity and will only be reviewed by clinicians bound by a suitable Code of Ethics.